Thursday, May 27, 2010

All the Best Drivers

As an afterthought, before I get back into my music, I just thought I should say something positive about the Chinese. That sidewalk reference wasn't meant to reflect negatively on the Chinese people, who have never done me any wrong.

Chinese drivers are very polite. When they're half a mile ahead of you they'll wait for you to drive right up to them before they pull out. A Chinese driver, I've noticed, will put his hand up to indicate any number of oncoming maneuvers. Best just to brake if you are not driving a train.

My Chinese landlord has perfect English. Every other Chinese person in the room understands it.

These people are also renowned bargain hunters. They will always beat you in the price they claim to have paid for something. Solid consumers, as well. Steer clear of the Metrotown Mall on a Friday evening.

I'm only teasing here because I know the Chinese also have a great sense of humour. What else can I say? Way to go, China! Gimme a 'C'. Gimme a 'H'. Gimme a 'I-na I-na - Nothin's fi-na.' And don't forget, I grew up on Kung Fu.
More Scripts Songs Statements

© 2007, 2010. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments: