Monday, May 24, 2010

Better than Nothing

Archie Bunker. Ralph Cramden. Fred Flintstone. Pro Wrestling Champs? That was an attempt to string together some working-class idols from my time. All of them rubbed me the wrong way at first. All of them shared characteristics with my father, a postal worker. But - correct me if I'm wrong - all of them are funny as hell.

If you had to work with Fred Flintstone, you'd probably hate him. You can tell by the way he treats Barney. Archie Bunker? Me and Meathead could gang up on him. (After I'm finished helping Gloria in the kitchen.) Cramden? Tie him down and make him listen to his cries for help through headphones. (The pro wrestlers I would leave alone.) But they do make me laugh. They have a personality.

Guess it's a tradeoff.

More Statements Scripts Songs

© 2010. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments: