Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Remembered Forgettables #1: Baring My Soul

As I sit here, having just finished a hot shower, I am reminded of the time my parents came home from church and caught me playing the piano naked. A defining moment in my life.

In fact, I had just come out of a hot shower, and was passing by the piano, and I just suddenly thought of trying to convert Triumph's 'Power of the Music' into a square-dancing number. That's all that was about.

My father, a hardened war veteran, shook his head in disbelief. My mom stared aghast. (I could already hear her with her card partners. 'Did you know I caught David playing the piano naked the other day.' 'Yes. And he keeps mooning us from his bedroom window as we get in our cars to leave.' 'The divil's in that boy.')

More Statements Scripts Songs

© 2007, 2010. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments: